Performance Verification consists of two phases. One phase is related to documentary verification. The other is the in-situ -or performance-verification. A Green Business Certification Inc (GBCI)-accredited professional, called a Performance Testing Agent (PTA), will carry out this procedure. The Technical Institute of Galicia or ITG is the ONLY Performance Testing Organisation accredited by the GBCI in Spain.
The official list of PTOs is available at the IWBI website.
This verification process stands out, allowing for the real accreditation of a building’s performance. A detailed description of this methodology can be found in the WELL performance verification guidebook. Several stages are involved in this process:
- Measuring equipment is used to verify lighting and acoustic levels.
- Air and water samples are assessed in the laboratory.
- Specific elements are inspected visually.
About 45 days following the inspection, the inspector’s conclusions are sent in a WELL report. Before the final score is given, there is a reclamation period and an opportunity to make improvements and modifications.
ITG has a team of industrial engineers with more than ten years of experience in the fields of energy services and measurement and monitoring systems.
- CMVP Professionals (Certified Measurement and Verification Professional) from the EVO (Energy Efficiency Valuation Organisation) to measure and verify savings.
- Training staff in the Energy Performance Certification of Buildings.
- Professionals with internal auditor accreditation in UNE EN ISO 50.001
Successful Case Study
ITG is carrying out the Performance Verification process for the renovation project at the LKS headquarters in Mondragón. This is the first project in Spain to be certified with the new version of WELL v2.
The project includes visual inspections, air and water sampling to determine quality and acoustic, thermal and lighting measurements, all crucial for the WELL certification to be obtained.
Which tests are included in Performance Verification?
The Performance Verification process or Performance Testing includes a series of in-situ tests:
- Air and water: some are directly read and others are assessed in the laboratory.
- Thermal, acoustic and lighting comfort tests.
- Visual inspections.
All tests are carried out on representative points of the project chosen randomly but always covering the different types of room that can be found in the building.
ITG is the ONLY Performance Testing Organization (PTO) in Spain. We carry out performance verifications for Well Certification projects. We offer: